ANALYSIS TOOLS, BIG DATA, DATA MINING, AND DATA WAREHOUSES
Review this scenario:
Your organization is planning to purchase a tool for data analytics. You have been asked to make a recommendation for two tools.
Your organization is also researching the application of data warehousing, big data, and data mining. You have also been asked to make an evaluation of how data warehousing, big data, and data mining can be beneficial to a healthcare system. Some members of your audience may be unfamiliar with these concepts, so part of your goal is to provide background information.
ASSIGNMENT (8- TO 10-SLIDE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION):
· Using supporting evidence from the articles you researched, create a PowerPoint presentation with the following information:
· Recommend in response to the scenario above two tools for data analytics and explain why they would be beneficial to your organization.
· Provide a description of big data, data mining, and data warehousing.
· Provide an analysis of how data mining can be beneficial to a healthcare system.
· Explain the purpose, characteristics, and components of a data warehouse.
· Explain how the type of data warehousing used can impact the ability to mine data.
· Describe examples of the successful use of guided data mining and automated data mining within healthcare.
· Support your work with references from these Learning Resources and the three articles you found in the Library.
· Provide references in APA style at the end of your presentation—the reference slide or slides do not count toward your assignment total.
Reminder: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htmLinks to an external site. ). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
For the PowerPoint presentation in this Assignment, use the APA PowerPoint template provided in the Learning Resources and follow the guidelines in the Assignment for where to provide your references and other APA-required items.
· Harrington, J. (2016). Relational database design and implementation (4th ed.). Cambridge, MA: Morgan Kaufmann.
· Chapter 24, “Data Warehousing” (pp. 497–508)
· Thomas, R., & McSharry, P. (2015). Big data revolution: What farmers, doctors and insurance agents teach us about discovering big data patterns Links to an external site. . West Sussex, UK: John Wiley & Sons.
· Chapter 2, “Why Doctors Will Have Math Degrees” (pp. 31–44)
· Kaufman, M., Halper, F., Kirsch, D., Hurwitz, J., Nugent, A., & Hurwitz, J. S. (2013). Big data for dummies Links to an external site. . Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
· Chapter 1, “Grasping the Fundamentals of Big Data” (pp. 46–70)
· Chapter 7, “Operational Databases” (pp. 158–183)
· Esposito, D. B., Russo, L., Oksen, D., Yin, R., Desai, V. C. A., Lyons, J. G., … Lanes, S. (2019). Development of predictive models to identify advanced-stage cancer patients in a US healthcare claims database Links to an external site. . Cancer Epidemiology, 61, 30–37.
· Najjar, A., Reinharz, D., Girouard, C., & Gagné, C. (2018). A two-step approach for mining patient treatment pathways in administrative healthcare databases Links to an external site. . Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, 87, 34–48.