PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
– Please use APA (7th edition) formatting
– All questions and each part of the question should be answered in detail (Go into depth)
– Response to questions must demonstrate understanding and application of concepts covered in class,
– Use in-text citations and at LEAST 2 resources per discussion from the school materials that I provided to support all answers. Include at least 2 references and include in-text citations.
– Responses MUST be organized (Should be logical and easy to follow)
Minimum 1.5 Pages
Discussion 1 – Strategic HR
Strategic planning is a process that helps an organization allocate its resources to capitalize on opportunities in the marketplace. Let’s look at a fictitious example of strategic decision making:
ABC Corporation’s organisational objective is to implement new technologies to streamline various processes. HR notices a trend toward applicants with excellent customer service skills but without the technical skills that align with this organizational goal. Given this information, HR might inform senior management of this gap in skills an offer the strategic solution to hire these candidates, but also provide them with technical training to give them the skills necessary to serve the organizational objective.
Post an example of how HR might use knowledge of external and/or internal forces to inform strategic decision making in an organization, including the following:
- Choose an external or internal force that affects HR – for example, changing demographics, globalization, technology
- Identify an organizational goal that relates to that force.
- Identify a potential challenge related to that goal that HR may face.
- Assess the gap between your chosen force and the relevant organizational goal.
- Suggest an approach to bridging that gap.
- Include in-text citations to support your post.
Describe an example of an organizational structure in use and explain how the structure aligns with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Include in-text citations to support your post