Your presentation to the board of directors shed light on the fact that there is little information known about the company’s competitors. They have decided not to have a presentation for this information, but they have asked that you create a strategic report of the company’s competitor’s marketing strategies using portfolio analysis, segmentation, targeting, positioning, and the sustainable global value chain.
For your substantive strategic report, you will need to do the following:
- Categorize these key issues when researching the company’s competitors, including:
- Their competitive advantage
- Competitor intelligence focuses on competitor capabilities
- Competitor strategies and prediction of response patterns
- How competitors will react to future actions of the company
- Examine relationship management, including:
- Company relationships
- Networks and suppliers
- Partnerships among competitors
- Government and not-for-profit organizations
- Internal business units
- Employees and functional departments
- Buyer partnerships
Your 5-page substantive strategic report must be in APA formatting while using Chapters 4 and 5 of your textbook as the first source and four other outside sources, for a total of five sources.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.