In this assignment, students will apply, critique, and exhibit their understanding and awareness of the complex issues around race, diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency in PK-14 school systems. They apply and display the traits of the transformational change agent. Student advocate. In this assignment, you will create an infographic presentation for an in-service for staff and faculty for a K-12 school or community college setting.
The focus will be on the role of the school counselor as the transformational leader providing learning opportunities to all stakeholders with activities that will provide training that leads to sensitive conversations with empathy, assist individuals in identifying and addressing bias, and foster a more inclusive school climate.
infographic with Media
Search for inspiring digital TED Talks/Lectures/ or Presentations that convey professional development activities that promote the creation of equitable learning environments for your school community (either PK-12 or Community College) that are related to personal biases and cultural responsiveness. Demonstrate your role as the school counselor leader and Student Advocate. Include new knowledge that you acquired, or that was enhanced during this course.
You will create a creative, well-organized, inspiring < 5 pages “infographic” that includes links to digital TED talks, Lectures/or Presentations that are teacher and/or parent friendly. *When creating your Infographic, choose a platform such as Piktochart, Canva, Google sites, etc. Review the example assignment in the attachment.
Includes the following elements in your project:
- (2) TED Talks/Lectures/ or Presentation videos embedded into the infographic.
- The foundational research and relevant sources (at least 4) that support or connect the talk, lecture, or presentation area of interest.
- How and why does the talk inspire you?
- Key vocabulary or terms defined that were discussed in the talk/lecture/or presentation that is important for an audience to know and remember (use visuals and text).
- (5) essential questions for your audience to consider extending understanding, stimulating thought, leading to new ideas and reflection, and provoking inquiry.
- Cite all graphic sources as well as text.
Upload and post your completed Infographic or TED Talk assignment to the Signature Assignment tab in Brightspace.