7.1 Discussion Forum
- After conducting the concept searches for the corresponding workshop, answer the guiding questions provided for this week’s workshop. They serve as a basis for enriching the content for your participation. You should consider the following aspects:
• Support your answer with specific references according to your readings, using the latest edition of the APA format.
• Include an example, definition, or application of the concept in daily life or work environment.
• Enrich the content of your classmates with information or examples that help you understand the concepts and practices of statistics.
• Guiding questions: After you have done the readings and research on correlation and simple linear regression, answer the following premise explaining in detail your answer:
o Why is it important to test the significance of the slope in the simple linear regression model?
o Why it can be dangerous to use the least-squares regression line to obtain predictions for x values that are substantially larger or smaller than those contained in the sample?
• Submit your initial discussion post by 11:59 PM Eastern on Wednesday.
• Contribute a minimum of 350 words for your initial post. It should include at least 2 academic sources, formatted and cited in APA.
• Respond to at least two of your classmates’ discussion posts by 11:59 PM Eastern on Saturday. Ask a question, and provide a different viewpoint.