Written Case Study Assignment Instructions
Employee compensation is one of the largest expenses a company has. Compensation must be well-designed and effective. Here you will read about how two companies connect their rewards to their organization’s values and goals. One of the companies will be selected for your paper.
The Written Case Study Assignment must be at least 750 words (not including the title and reference pages), double-spaced, and in current APA format. Please note that the stated word count is a minimum. Therefore, you are encouraged to ensure that you have thoroughly researched and responded to each question/prompt provided below. Each assignment must include a title page and a references page. Use at least 4 scholarly sources (published within the last 5 years), the course textbook, and biblical integration.
*Note: The case study for this assignment is the SHRM case on Aflac and LLBean.
This case study is focused on how 2 different companies use total rewards to support the organization’s missions and values and achieve strategic outcomes. Select only 1 of the companies as the basis for your case study response. (This is not meant to be a comparison of the companies but an exploration of how 2 different companies use their compensation and benefits structures to achieve organizational outcomes). The paper must specifically address the following areas:
· How the company uses its own products or services to enhance the total compensation for its employees;
· The internal and external strengths and weaknesses identified and how the company responded to these factors from a total rewards perspective;
· Examples of traditional and non-traditional rewards and how they are used to meet organizational objectives;
· How the company aligns its compensation benefits with its corporate values; and
· Recommendations regarding an expansion of the benefits programs offered at the company that would further align HR with the accomplishment of organizational goals and values.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.