As part of the discussion this week, you made a brief exploration of a work of art to understand its subject, meaning, and intent. In this assignment, you will explore an artwork in more depth to consider the context in which it was created. Choose any painting and address the following:
· Explain the artistic movement associated with the work of art.
· Describe the style of the artist (How is the artist unique within the movement?)
· Examine in some depth the influences that shaped the work. Address at least 2 of the following:
· Stylistic influences
· Subject/content influences
· Cross-disciplinary influences such as literature, philosophy, music, science, technology, etc.
· Historical influences
· Political influences
· Reflect on your learning.
· How did your research enhance your appreciation of the artwork?
· How does understanding the context of a work help in interpreting it?
Include the following in your paper:
· Name of the painting
· Name of the artist
· Date created
· Image of the painting
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, image, or caption for artwork)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 3 scholarly sources)