Let’s continue your journey to becoming an effective speaker! In this assignment, you will select a topic and create an outline for your informative speech. Remember that creating an outline is critical to your success in crafting an effective speech.
The speech based on this outline and your self-review are both due next week.
- For your informative speech, select either Topic A or Topic B:
- Topic A: How Technology Has Impacted Society.
- Topic B: History of Your Hometown.
- You will use either the PlayPosit videoLinks to an external site. or the Sample Outline [DOCX] Download Sample Outline [DOCX]to create your outline. If you choose to use the PlayPosit, we will work together to walk through each section of the outline step-by-step. We will create an attention-grabbing introduction, a detailed body, and a memorable conclusion.
- Focus your speech on 2-3 main points so you’ll stay within the 3-minute time limit.
- Once you are done with your assignment, submit the completed outline as a PDF or a Word document.
Your assignment will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Outline your topic completely to organize content and provide a solid flow for the speech.
- Develop an introduction that includes an attention grabber, a purpose/topic statement, and a preview of the main points.
- Describe the main points and subpoints of the body of the speech.
- Develop a conclusion that includes a review of the main points, a summary of ideas, and a memorable conclusion.
- Use at least two credible, appropriate resources to support your points.
- Cite your sources in a Source list at the end of your outline. Each source list entry should have a matching in-text citation, and vice versa.
- Write with clarity, following spelling, grammar, and formatting requirements.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine strategies for researching and organizing material for engaging informative and persuasive arguments.