Integrate the Human Resources balanced scorecard to sustain a competitive advantage.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You have been hired as the new vice president of HR of a publicly-traded organization. The CEO chose you because he needs better data about the organization’s human capital upon which to make strategic decisions. He has asked you to identify the HR activities that provide the greatest contribution to the organization’s strategic goals. You realize that the best way to provide this information is through an HR balanced scorecard, which can define and measure those targeted HR activities. Based on your research and discussion with the directors in HR, you have decided that the two targeted HR activities that provide the greatest contribution are reducing turnover costs and increasing employee satisfaction.
In order to provide the information the CEO has requested, you have been asked to create a balanced HR scorecard for each of the two objectives you have identified as critical to measure (reduce turnover, increase employee satisfaction). Each balanced HR scorecard should contain the following elements:
- The objectives (reduce turnover, increase employee satisfaction)
- The description of the activities
- Actions to be taken
- Measures to be used which are actionable and meaningful
- Accountability for actions (i.e., who takes responsibility for delivering results)
- A Balanced HR scorecard template .docxhas been provided for you.
NOTE – Please remember that you have been asked to turn in one for each objective.
1) which big questions about this competency remain for you? put these 2 answers in a separate paper and Response Related to this assignment
2)How do you think this competency may connect to others in this course?