NURS 446 Population Focused Nursing Care
Health Policy Paper Criteria
· Identify a controversial public health issue that interests you. Ex (gun control or vaping))
· Describe how this issue impacts public health
· Select a minimum of 2 articles, one that will support the law/policy and one that does not support the law/policy
· Write an academic paper that presents both the pro and con of the issue. The compare and contrast should be well developed presenting both sides of the issue.
· Who are the policymakers? (city, state, national) Remember that policy makers are at more than one level may be involved.
· Incorporate and properly cite two Habits of a Systems Thinker that you used to analyze the issue.
· In your own words, describe what the term “health in all policies” means.
· The paper length should be no longer than 4 pages with a minimum of 3 pages, not including the title page or reference page.
· Introduction paragraph
· Paragraph with a description of the health issue of interest and how this issue impacts public health.
· Paragraph summarizing the health-related law/policy of interest, who were the policymakers involved. Include a reference.
· Paragraph summarizing a contrasting opinion of the health-related law/policy. Include a reference.
· Paragraph describing 2 Habits of a Systems Thinker that you used to analyze the issue, with the proper citation.
· Paragraph that describes what the term “health in all policy” means using your own words.
· Conclusion paragraph