Research each topic below as it related to your selected healthcare organization and actively research each topic in preparation for submitting a paper (recommended minimum of 12 pages) and presenting your Capstone Project:
- Organizational Structure
- Existing Plans (strategic, quality improvement, etc.)
- Environmental Factors/Assessment
- Leadership Challenges
- Legal and Ethical Challenges
- Performance Challenges
- Operations Challenges
- Information systems and technology challenges
- Human Resources Challenges
- Financial Challenges
- Recommended Change Strategy Actions
- Review the rubric below.
- Write a paper (recommended minimum of 12 pages) in which you incorporate research regarding the organization you have chosen for this coursework. In your paper, be sure to indicate which program you’re enrolled in, (I’m enrolled in the MHA program).
Your work will be assessed according to the rubric for your program.
This assignment is also used to assess MHA Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) and Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) through the rubric. The PLO/ILO assessment will appear as separate rows within the rubric; they will not contribute points to the assignment.
For your information, the PLOs being assessed are as follows:
- PLO 1: Recognize and articulate facts, concepts, and procedures related to healthcare administration theories and practices.
- PLO 2: Integrate healthcare administration theories, principles, and practices for future application.
- PLO 3: Systematically apply communication, technical, analytical knowledge, and critical thinking skills to administrative and clinical healthcare-related problem-solving.
- PLO 4: Evaluate the effectiveness of the plans, development, and implementation of healthcare administrative solutions.
- PLO 5: Design and create solutions to address and solve societal, cultural, and environmental healthcare issues.
The ILO is:
- ILO 1) Communication: Communicate professionally using a variety of modalities (written, spoken, and technological).