Recommendation Presentation Name:
General Purpose: To persuade the board of Global Mind to partner with the One Tree Planted Philanthropy.
Specific Purpose: As a result of this presentation my audience will be aware of the benefits of a partnership with One Tree Planted and be persuaded to begin the partnership immediately.
- Think about the size of a football field
- OTP has planted 14,500 football fields (OTP n.d.).
- Over a five year period
- My name is __________ and I am an executive assistant at Global Mind.
- Global Mind, a tree nursery service, needs to partner with the One Tree Planted Philanthropy.
- improve our public image
- reap monetary benefit
- help rebuild the environment.
- Reasons Global Mind needs to partner with OTP
- Benefits social and monetary
- Easy implementation
- Address any concerns
- One Tree Planted is the best philanthropy chosen for Global Mind because of their environmental mission.
- Customers of all generations
a. Nielsen Survey
b. 85% of millennials support the statement (Nielsen, 2017).
- Solidify our public image as environmentally conscious/sustainable.
a. House of Marley sustainable brand example
b. Planted 223,000 trees since 2017 (House of marley x one tree planted, n.d.).
- Many benefits for Global Mind.
- Monetary Benefits
a. Tax Cuts
b. Donation shows investors that GM is financially healthy
c. We received increased funding (“How Companies Benefit from CSR”, 2018).
- Social Benefits
a. Marketing efforts increase audience
b. Example: House of Marley YouTube promotion 15,000 views (House of marley to plant 75,000 trees, 2017)
c. Customers feel good about supporting our philanthropic message (Russell, 2018)
- Easy to implement.
- One tree is planted for each $1 donation
- Or “buy one, plant one” method
- Easy to adopt a cap donation
a. Example: Global Mind donates up to 20,000 trees
b. $20,000 donation
- Oakwood example
a. Successfully implemented a “buy one, plant one” approach
b. Donated 2,600 trees
c. Continues to partner with OTP (We plant trees, n.d.).
- Concerns and Responses
- Concern: Partnership will be too expensive for Global Mind
1. Growing company with limited funds
2. Where do we find the $20,000?
- Response: Hire a financial advisor
- Response: Only need to donate what is feasible – can implement a cap donation
- Global Mind needs to partner with OTP to
- Restore environment that is the base of our brand
- Help Global Mind grow and reach our goals
- Refer back to opening statement
- OTP restored 14,500 football fields in 5 years
- One football field is lost per second
- Partner with OTP to help shrink gap and restore environment for our customers in the future
- Call to action- ask for board approval
- APA Reference List
House of Marley. (n.d.). House of marley x one tree planted. Retreived from https://www.thehouseofmarley.com/project/one-tree-planted
House of Marley. (2017, July 17). House of marley to plant 75,000 trees globally with one tree planted. Retrieved from http://blog.thehouseofmarley.com/house-of-marley-to-plant-75000-trees-globally-with-one-tree-planted/
Nielsen. (2018, November 9). Global consumers seek companies that care about environmental issues. Retrieved from https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/article/2018/global-consumers-seek-companies-that-care-about-environmental-issues/
Oakwood. (n.d.). We plant trees. Retrieved from https://oakywood.shop/pages/tree-planting
One Tree Planted. (n.d.). We are one tree planted. Retrieved from https://onetreeplanted.org/pages/about-us
Russell, K. (2018, June 6). Why CSR: Four benefits of corporate social responsibility. Retrieved from https://www.fronetics.com/csr-four-benefits-corporate-social-r.
Take 5: How companies benefit from corporate social responsibility. (2018, March 1). Retrieved from https://insight.kellogg.northwestern.edu/article/benefits-of-corporate-social-responsibility