- The luxury of comfort and Luxury of Ostentation
The luxury of comfort is the quality of life which is characterized by possession of things that makes one feel stratified and happy owing to their quality but not in any way trying to show off. On the other hand, the luxury of ostentation is the kind of luxury which is characterized by showing off.
- Categorical imperative is a philosophical concept which was put forward by Immanuel Kant which suggested that people should in a manner that others should follow while relativism is a concept or a view which holds that right or wrong, the truth or falsity, procedures of justifications are products of differencing conventions and frameworks of assessments and that their authority is confined to the basis giving rise to the them.
- Ecological civic republicans republicanism is the ecological protection strategy which promotes the ecological collective and mutual benefit which originates from civic republicanism which upholds the common good whereas earth citizen has a meaning of the act or an effort to promote a healthy , sustainable lifestyle for individuals society and the earth.
- Epistemology and feminist standpoint theory are a theory which proposes that feminist social science should be practiced from the standpoint of women with the view by some feminist suggesting that they are better placed on understanding the world. The women’s standpoint epistemology suggest women’s experiences are the point of reference in addition to or instead of that of men.
- Personalist refers to concepts, theories or ideas which are based on subjective views. On the contrary, natural law refers to the morals principles which never change and are considered as the basis for human conduct. Personalist, therefore, is based on the personal and subjective views of individuals and are bound to change from one individual to than others. However, natural law does not change since they cannot be manipulated to suits the needs of an individual. Natural law includes the views that it is highly prohibited for one to take another person’s life, however in personalist characterized by the ever-changing views of an individual based on very many aspects.
- Human ecology is the study which focuses on human and its environment whether built or natural whereas the principle of double effect referees to the set of ethical criteria which have been used to help others to avoid some critical and painful situation such as terminating lives of people ill person n .
- The ethical theory holds that moral action is based on interpersonal relationship care. Ethics of justice focuses on moral choices by looking at the rights of the people who are involved. In this case, if the rights of the people who are involved are being infringed, then an alternative action is taken to avoid harming others.
- Veil of ignorance is a concept which has been used to determine the morality of various things. This view asks the decision maker to make a decision from the point of information which is referred to as the original position. The original position refers to a fair and an impartial point of view.
- The principle suggests that people at all times be entered as an end and not as a means to the end, on the other hand, the principle of autonomy focuses on respecting other people and their opinions.
- Aquinas in his philosophy talk of the law of nature. The kind of law that defines people ways of life.
- Aquinas borrowed the conception of Aristotle’s philosophy of the principles of reason heavily
- Thomas Aquinas, unlike other medieval philosophers, was able to outline the relationship amongst faith and reason. For him, he demonstrated a harmony that exists between reason and faith unlike other scholars of his time.
- Machiavelli was critical of the Christian ideals propagated by Aquinas of humility and humanity. For him, he argued that political success could only be achieved through war.
- The allegory of the city was aimed to entrench good ideas among it dweller. It discouraged immorality.
- Pizan was good at embracing the ideas that instilled discipline among the people, but he was critical of the traditional authors because of the influences they had on the people. For example, Pizan observed the execution of so many scholars.
- Pizan though writes broadly on feminism the kindly of ideas presented in the book still deny critical of full women liberation.
- Both scholars Pizan and Wollstonecraft were motivated by moral imagination to address the issue of a misogynist in society.
- Mill freedom of expression and individuality is based on the ideals that people have different taste and any interference by the public to control habit would be a denial of individual rights.
- Mill argument though holds true today is difficult to uphold in the contemporary world especially when people exercising their freedom infringe the right of other people.
- The ideas of preventing the production of pornographic literature are in order to control negative behavior among the people. However, this is contrary to Mill argument of the republic.
- According to Benedict XVI secularization in modern western society negate the ideas of the Catholic Church that teaches on purity.
- Maistre advocate for capital punishment to punish people for their wrongdoing to him; this is necessary as an evil deed is paid by pain and suffering. However, Beccaria objected the idea of the death penalty.
- Capital punishment has shaped the political system over a long period of time. The ideas of Maistre in support and Beccaria in objection has rained on the political players in formulating laws. Thus, the societies today are based on the ideals of either Maistre or Beccaria.
- Though praised as a reactionary thinker, Maistre view of terror and revolution as a punishment for wrongdoing is outrageous and invective.
- The Prince was revolutionary literature that conflicted on almost all Christian views at the time. Machiavelli ideas of revolutionary ideas were contrary to Christian ethics and other laws of reason