What are some issues of nondiscriminatory assessment? Discuss the practices that may contribute to bias in assessment. Why do you think it is important that we discuss this issue?
The media are often blamed for the rapid rise in the prevalence of eating disorders in the United States. Statistics show that many children and adolescents are preoccupied with their body image. What eating disorder theories might explain how media influences are directly or indirectly related to eating disorders in youth? Do you agree or disagree?
1. Create a short script showing a conversation between an instructor and an adult student with two or more problems (e.g., barriers to learning).
2. Post your script here.
3. Then, reply to each other’s scripts/scenarios with how you would respond as the instructor.
4. Post again explaining your rationale for your response and draw from the literature.
imagine you are 85 years old and faced with one of the following circumstances: Living in NYC on/near the date of September 11, 2001 (September 11th Terror Attacks), living in New Orleans on/near the date of August 28, 2005 (Hurricane Katrina), or living alone during the COVID-19 outbreak and quarantine. In any of these cases, you are a frail elder who doesn’t own a car. What special challenges would you have faced in those days? You only need to select one circumstance, but you can choose more than one.
Family policy can be a very controversial and passionate topic, given the various issues plaguing families today. We will dive into some great discussions and explore many sides of these issues. Please remember the rules of netiquette and respectfully present your stance on the issues. This will be strictly enforced.
In this week’s forum, we will explore and compare historical American family policies with current policies.
You are to COMPARE
Conduct a search online and locate 2 contrasting or comparable pictures, depending on the first letter of your last name, that depicts either a similarity of policies over time or a contrast of policies over time. (For example, one may select a picture dating back several decades when women were not encouraged and, in some cases, were not allowed in the workforce. The other picture may showcase women today in the workforce).
In addition to providing both pictures, ensure that you provide a description of the pictures so that the message in the picture is clearly received.
Afterward, take some time to reflect on these or similar changes evident in your own family. Respond to the following question in a clear and well-supported forum response: How has your family changed over the past 3 generations in regard to the policy highlighted in your pictures? (For example: how has women’s involvement in the workforce changed in your family over the last 3 generations? ) If there have not been any changes within your family, provide a detailed response on what has happened in the last 3 decisions in America regarding this policy.
The diversity of the U.S. population has changed significantly over several decades, and more shifts are expected over the next 10 to 20 years. Some examples include:
1) Construction firms are employing large numbers of Hispanics/Latinos, and they must adapt their recruiting, training, and safety practices to reflect this diversity in their workforce;
2) Manufacturing, hospitality, and retail companies have significantly increased the number of minority and women managers and employees over the past several decades, which has resulted in more African America, Latino, and women customers;
3) Long-haul trucking companies are focusing on recruiting and training women to counter a growing shortage of drivers over the next decade.
Sports administrators employ some strategies when establishing and modifying ticket prices (e.g., seating capacity, revenue needs, team performance, demand, etc.). Historically, the three primary ticket pricing strategies have been fixed pricing, variable pricing, and dynamic pricing. Please find and review the attached article below that explains the evolution of ticket pricing strategies. Then, please share with the class where you believe each strategy would be most appropriate and/or successful (e.g. youth, interscholastic, intercollegiate, professional, international, etc.).
Select the most important ethical rule of engagement for social media (honesty, privacy, respect, and responsibility). Explain one experience where you felt a sense of ethical breach with a social media platform. What occurred to give you that uneasy feeling? How does the law apply to that situation? What measures would you implement if it were your business to ensure your customers don’t experience the same feeling?
How will you use Excel in your classes and career (pharmacy tech at Walgreens)? Share any challenges you experience with Excel.
· Identify the 5 requirements for a patent.
· Then further discuss: Should a company be allowed to patent a life form? Does it matter if the life form is a non-sentient organism like a plant? Is there a place where the law can ethically draw a line between life as property and life beyond the right of any person or business to own or appropriate?